Are you thinking of taking an English course online? It’s the best decision ever!
Classroom lessons are helpful, and it’s good to work face-to-face with an English teacher. However, there are many benefits to taking online English lessons.
Here are six of the best reasons to learn English online.
1. You save time. With online English lessons, you enjoy having a personal tutor without having to go from one place to another. You can have your lesson anytime and anywhere, as long as you have internet connection.
Learn English on your daily commute to work? Check! On the beach? It can be done. In your pyjamas thirty minutes before bedtime? You may need to switch off the webcam, but why not?
2. You make your own schedule. With typical English classes, you have to follow the school’s schedule. Rescheduling classes can be difficult (or impossible), especially if there are many students in a class.
Online English teachers usually have a more flexible schedule for lessons. For example, you can schedule a 30-minute lesson with your teacher from 5pm to 10pm on weekdays.
3. You use the internet as your learning resource and tool. The internet has a wealth of material you can use for English lessons.
You and your teacher can share lesson materials with each other in just a couple of clicks. You have articles, videos, images, audio recordings—all online, all free to access.
You can record your lessons too. Then, you can play it again to review what you’ve learned.
4. You can take your lessons with you. If you save your links and store your notes and lesson materials in the cloud, you can bring your lessons anywhere you go.
Many online schools also have their own learning platforms and you can access your past lessons with a password.
5. You can have more than one English teacher. It’s good to listen to different accents when learning English. It helps you improve your listening skills. And it’s great when you can choose a teacher—or two, or three!—that you like working with.
Many online English schools, like Learntalk, allow you to choose different English teachers from all over the world.
6. You save money. This is the best thing about online English lessons. You enjoy so many conveniences, but you still spend less.
Ultimately, learning English is easier—for you and on your pocket!